Dear NAFSC Members,
Congratulations to all on a very successful 2018-2019 skating season! Thank you to all our members who made donations or gave their time to support the many events sponsored by the Club this year. Your support is essential to the continued success of NAFSC!
June marks Membership Renewal Time for the 2018-2019 season.
Club membership, and therefore USFS membership, expires on June 30, 2018. If you wish to continue to skate on Club practice ice, enter competitions or test in the USFS system, you must return your membership by June 20, 2018 to allow enough time for processing before the deadline. Coaches must renew before the expiration date to avoid USFS late fees.
All forms must be filled out and returned with payment before membership will be processed. If you have questions regarding the appropriate type of membership for you or your skater, please check our website or contact the Membership Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit completed membership packet to the Club Office or mail it to NAFSC, ATTN: Membership Chair, PO Box 6052, Falmouth, ME 04105-6052.
Coaches must also include a copy of their insurance coverage along with the membership forms.
We look forward to another exciting year where we continue to build our Club! We look forward to seeing you on the ice!
~Your NAFSC Board
2018-2019 Membership Sign up/Renewal is open!
Please visit https://northatlanticfs.uplifterinc.com to register.
*If you are a skater who is interested in testing at the NAFSC 6/23/18 test session but are not yet a member of NAFSC, we have a special 13 month introductory membership option for you. Please email Peggy Callahan at email@example.com for more information.
What is the club?
Founded in 1997, the North Atlantic Figure Skating Club is a United States Figure Skating Association (USFSA) club with over 100 members, both young and adult, including parents, coaches and judges. Our home ice rink is Family Ice Center located in Falmouth, Maine. We are a 501(c)(3) Not For Profit Corporation dedicated to promoting excellence in all aspects of figure skating. We proudly hosted the 2005 USFS New England Regional Competition and the 2009 US National Synchronized Skating Championships.
How do I join the club?
It is as simple as filling out the forms. The club is for recreational and competitive skaters, coaches, and non-skaters. We offer two types of membership: Home Club and Associate. Home Club membership types include Full Member, Introductory, Collegiate, and Patron.
Why should I join the club?
- Skaters can utilize club ice sessions for extra practice, private coaching, etc.
- Skaters can test beyond the basic skills levels
- To share a mutual love of skating and support one another at competitions, test sessions, exhibitions, etc.
- Exciting events throughout the year to include the Holiday Skate-tacular, the Winter Exhibition, Snowflake Skate and the Annual Ice Show!
- The club is run by volunteers who share the same passion and love for skating and want to help maintain a successful and worthwhile club for all skaters
- Some non-skaters join the club to support the dream of others and to follow figure skating at the local and national level
What are some of the benefits if I join the club?
- The club offers year round practice ice to members
- Club members are invited participate in the annual Holiday Skate-tacular, Winter Exhibition and Ice Show
- Home club members receive USFSA membership and a subscription to Skating Magazine
- All members are welcome to attend monthly meetings and help ensure the success of the club
- All members are welcome to attend the Year-end Party where we celebrate all that made the membership year fantastic and where skaters receive recognition for accomplishments throughout the year.
- The club also has a scholarship fund for high school seniors that have skated with and supported the club.