Congratulations to all on a very successful 2016-2017 skating season! Thank you to all our members who made donations or gave their time to support the many events sponsored by the Club this year. Your support is essential to the continued success of NAFSC! June marks Membership Renewal Time for the 2017-2018 season.
Club membership, and therefore USFSA membership, expires on June 30, 2017. If you wish to continue to skate on Club practice ice, enter competitions or test in the USFSA system, you must return your membership by June 20, 2017 to allow enough time for processing before the deadline. Coaches must renew before the expiration date to avoid USFSA late fees.
All forms must be filled out and returned with payment or online registration and payment completed before membership will be processed. If you have questions regarding the appropriate type of membership for you or your skater, contact Peggy Callahan at email@example.com.
Coaches must also include a copy of their insurance coverage along with the membership forms.
We look forward to another exciting year where we continue to build our Club. Some of our goals for next year include adding more ice time, increasing the number of members volunteering, offering additional test sessions and sending many more skaters to Regionals to name just a few. We look forward to seeing you on the ice!
2017-2018 Membership Sign up/Renewal is open! Please visit https://northatlanticfs.uplifterinc.com to register.
If you are not currently a member of USFSA (either through NAFSC or another club or an individual membership) but would like to test at NAFSC on June 24, 2017, please contact Peggy Callahan at firstname.lastname@example.org for special introductory membership options.
What is the club?
Founded in 1997, the North Atlantic Figure Skating Club is a United States Figure Skating Association (USFSA) club with over 100 members, both young and adult, including parents, coaches and judges. Our home ice rink is Family Ice Center located in Falmouth, Maine. We are a 501(c)(3) Not For Profit Corporation dedicated to promoting excellence in all aspects of figure skating. We proudly hosted the 2005 USFS New England Regional Competition and the 2009 US National Synchronized Skating Championships.
How do I join the club?
It is as simple as filling out the forms. The club is for recreational and competitive skaters, coaches, and non-skaters. We offer two types of membership: Home Club and Associate. Home Club membership types include Full Member, Introductory, Collegiate, and Patron.
Why should I join the club?
- Skaters can utilize club ice sessions for extra practice, private coaching, etc.
- Skaters can test beyond the basic skills levels
- To share a mutual love of skating and support one another at competitions, test sessions, exhibitions, etc.
- Exciting events throughout the year to include the Holiday Skate-tacular, the Winter Exhibition, Snowflake Skate and the Annual Ice Show!
- The club is run by volunteers who share the same passion and love for skating and want to help maintain a successful and worthwhile club for all skaters
- Some non-skaters join the club to support the dream of others and to follow figure skating at the local and national level
What are some of the benefits if I join the club?
- The club offers year round practice ice to members
- Club members are invited participate in the annual Holiday Skate-tacular, Winter Exhibition and Ice Show
- Home club members receive USFSA membership and a subscription to Skating Magazine
- All members are welcome to attend monthly meetings and help ensure the success of the club
- All members are welcome to attend the Year-end Party where we celebrate all that made the membership year fantastic and where skaters receive recognition for accomplishments throughout the year.
- The club also has a scholarship fund for high school seniors that have skated with and supported the club.